
Happy Halloween to all those who like to celebrate the weird just one day of the year!
It's an odd "holiday" and I use that term loosely since holiday really means holy day and there is nothing holy about Halloween. But it is an odd holiday, isn't it? At least today I got to wear black and orange and a spider ring all day.
Makes you wish you were goth. Then every day would be Halloween!!! :)
But 38 year old goths are....tres passe! :(
(We can read about Vampires, just not look like them!)
At least old geeks can like weird books and TV shows like Supernatural. Last nights episode "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" was...well...GREAT! :) There were witches, a demon, some zombies, and a couple of angels wanting to smite a town. And there was Sam and Dean trying to stop the disaster and save humanity. Yeh, it is my favorite show of ever because I've never followed a show that actually has a plotted course. All the episodes work together to make a completely connected story just like the chapters in a book. It's a great show if you like weird, if you like hero journeys, good versus evil, free will versus destiny questions, or enjoy all of this being played out by two attractive main characters. (ok, that last bit was shallow)....
.....Really though, each episode gets me thinking like reading a book would. I like that in my fictional world. Season 4 is currently on and it's like reading book 4 of a series.
Anyways...I digress, but Halloweeen! The day of the year when weird is okay! As Sam said, "Everyday is Halloween for us." Yep, that's so.
So happy halloween you freaks! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment