I saw this idea at a LJ post and I liked the idea of thinking of the songs that inspire. What is one song that speaks to you? That is you?
The picture below I took in California, it's just there for the "zen."
For me, I have to like the overall sound of the song first before I even start thinking about the lyrics. I can listen to a song for years and never have given it a thought as to what it is about before I stop one day and just listen.
One of my favorite songs is "Drive" by Incubus. Not only is it melodic, but these are the lyrics:
Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I cant help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before, it seems to have a vague haunting mass appeal
Lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there
So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive
It's driven me before, it seems to be the way that everyone else get around
Lately, I'm beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found
So that is one song that really stands out to me. I even have the quote: "Whatever tomorrow brings" in various blogs and forum locations that I frequent.
Why this song? It's about accepting whatever comes and meeting it with your own choices and no one elses. It's about being in control of your own life and destiny and not worrying about what is popular or expected.
I think it's a little Buddhist in its philosophy. "It is neither good nor bad, it just is."
No comments:
Post a Comment