I haven't posted in nearly a month! Am I nuts? Naw! Just living life. Things have been good. I have honestly found a niche in exercise. I go to Best Fitness pretty much everyday and I really like the time I spend there. I am building muscle and endurance. Mostly, I am feeling good about me.
Had a bad episode today though. I went in planning to walk 5 minutes then run 20, then walk 5. But I changed my course and started to run at a 10 minute mile. So at 25 minutes I had ran over 2 miles and decided to run to 30 minutes and then walk into cool down. this was fine, and I felt good, but somewhere in the 30 minutes range I decided to run fast like I was completing the Freihofer's race. I ran way too fast and it was too much. I did my 5 K in about 35 minutes (rememeber that the first 5 of it was walking) and then I felt a little short of breath. My heart rate was 147! The chart on the machine said at 40 the HR should be 142 for 80% HR. I was so maxed out! It freaked me out! I immediately went down to walking and visualized calm. My HR went down quickly and by 2 minutes was lower than 120, but still it freaked me out.
So then, as if that's not bad enough...I have a freakin anxiety attack over my heart being stressed out!!!!!!! So then I''m trying to releave that and lower my HR simutaneously! Duh!
Oh it get's better! I decided to drink a glass of red wine! They say red wine is healthy! Well I did! 5 months sober and I broke it. I'm okay today about it. I don't want to go back to the drinking. I have my health to focus on and it's far too important. But some red wine can be good, just not too much.
I need to run a little less and a little slower! My heart will grow stronger as any muscle does, but I want to work up to it. I think my darn stamina exceeeds my cardio strength!
Tomorrow is a day off. Then back on Tuesday! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment