Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween is Stupid (but at least I can wear black nail polish for the day)

Seriously! Halloween was a pagan holiday stolen by the Catholic church and corrupted to symbolize evil. Now, it's all about candy, coz let's face it, how many over the age of 10 really care about their costumes unless they happen to also be into Cosplay, but then those peoppe aren't constrained by one day on the calendar anyways.

Candy! Yummy! I recently had a student write the most amazing stream of conscieousness piece involving the rapture of eating a York peppermint patty. They are good aren't they? She captured it at a total mind/body/spirit sensual level.

Here it is:

Yesterday, my teacher gave me a piece of candy. I tasted chocolate, taste of marshmallow, and mixed chocolate together and the way I felt was all nice inside and my taste buds felt the same way, all the way down my throat, melting the goodness. It was like a gift from Heaven, up in the clouds all wrapped ready to be eaten from us people below.



Maybe Halloween's all about scary stuff. Well, I ask, why save it for one day? You want scares? Watch horror movies, or if you are like me, the TV show Supernatural. Last episode featured and angry dentist with a drill, should I elaborate? I think not.

It's kinda weird how there is this one day dedicated to, well...weird!

So here is a link to the History Channel's page on Halloween: Enjoy! Halloween

No comments: