I made this video clip because it amazes me what must be going into our foods. The chemicals used to preserve food can't be a good thing if a piece of bread left to rot does not spoil even after two months. The visual evidence is in the video:
So what do you do? I've always heard and tried to heed the advice to shop the outside aisles of the grocery store. That's where the foods are at their most basic. Still, I can't help but wonder what hormones are in meat, what chemicals are used to make veggies pretty and have longer shelf lives, etc.... It's difficult to eat all organic and way too expensive. I'm thinking having a varied diet might help, and in the summer gardening and going to farmer's markets for fresh produce. Also, with a bread machine you can control what goes into your bread.
Scary stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment