Thursday, June 26, 2008

Maybe I ought to explain...


Sometimes, I might use this blog to show how much I enjoy vampires. Please understand that this love for those who are conflicted and not neccessarily evil, is more common than you think. But I'm much more into the fiction which shows a "good" vampire, not an evil one.
YES! The more I talk to people about what they read, the more I realize there are many of us out there who enjoy the lit and the anime that exists. Simply...is it yet another way to enjoy the bad boy image we love most: Vampire?!
I like bad boys......yep! It's been an on going thing with me. My first one was Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights. I was 12 and ready to learn the meaning of my name. My name was Sandra, 'helper of mankind'...so there they were, those poor sad little bad boys..........I was 12!!!!! What did I know? Taken in by those who seemed to need understanding. My career path chosen! ('course I was pretty hell bent on being a doctor at age 12..........why mom and dad, did you not feed me to that fire)?

Flash forward, and Sandi discovers two things: Vampires (lovely conflicicted souls... ) & Teaching special eduction. I won't mention marrying the bad boy, DUH, that does not work at all.

I've found my calling in life. I love the kids I work with and believe that it is the duty of a special educator to believe in, protect, and advance the population we work with.
But when I need time to indulge in the fantasy world....I'll take Edward or any other lovely vampire anyday! :)

No comments: