Thursday, June 26, 2008

School's out for summer...school's out forever!




Yep! Another summer vacation begins. This one was touched with the sadness of having to say bye to my friend Mike who just retired this year. I really don't think I know how I even feel yet, but I know I'll feel a huge void in September. Bon Chance Mike! You know how to enjoy retirement. I wish you many years of health!
I really hate change, but I endeavor to embrace it. Today was such a mixed day.
Teaching is an odd carreer in that you have a fixed timeline. You get two new years in a way. September and January.
Teachers really need the time off...trust me, we do!




2 comments:

Dana said...

My principal, my beloved principal retired after 42 years. There won't be another along like him, so I know how you feel.

But, we are FREE for the summer now!

moi aussi said...

Hey! U know I still love u? Sorry we haven't gotton together since Feb!!!!!

How's this blog doing? Is is still okay to be public? I'm not used to entering my thoughts right out there.

We WILL see each other this summer! I promise!


:)

S