
I had the chance to experience Serendipity yesterday. As I was walking back from Lark Fest (more to that in a moment) I was thinking how nice it would be to drink a Red Bull on this fine late summer day. Yes, a Red Bull would be a good substitution for eating or drinking anything (and I had been good as I wove my way past countless vendors and regular folks carrying cans of beer and other libations). Yes, what a perk up to this warm sunny day and my little 2 mile walk. And so it happened…I look up to see two girls parking the Red Bull car at the curb. [I was walking the sidewalk past Washington Park~gorgeous place, completely underrated] So I sauntered up and asked if they had free samples…and yes they did. A whole can of the fruity-tart stuff of goodness. J Serendipity and two dollars saved! It made up for the overcrowded atmosphere down on Lark Street. I was darn glad I’d entered the packed street from a side street (I don’t know which one…the one with Planned Parenthood at the corner) and not at the end because if I had I’d probably still be walking there. Let’s say it was not the place to be for a cluster phobic or an agoraphobic. I think I managed to look at some silver rings, but at $15 a pop I wasn’t that needy for something I didn’t need. So I found my way out and walked back through the park. And the flowers! Wow, they were spectacular. Nice to know my taxes do at least provide for some intense landscaping in this little city. Which reminded me of how thankful I was to live in this little city and have health to walk two miles and vision to see the flowers and peace to enjoy it all.
And that’s why it was all serendipity!
And that’s why it was all serendipity!
No comments:
Post a Comment