Friday, December 12, 2008

The Official Blue Bloods trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1r-Tr0EG2Q

I just finished reading Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz. It is book three in the Blue Bloods series, and yes, it is about Vampires. The difference is that these vampires not only live among us, but they are the leaders of society. One was Miles Standish! Revelations is a bit more than Schyler the lead character learning more about her fellow vampires, it's also the opening to the apocolypse. Why is the apocolypse so fashionable in fiction these days? Or do I just subconsciously seek out fiction that follows this path? It does work for this novel because the vampires are described as fallen angels, so if you're thinking which vampire is the biggest baddy of all the fallen, you guessed right? Lucifer doesn't make a full appearacnce in book 3, but he'll be a player in book 4 (due out next year). And I get the feeling he'll be using one of the good guys as a vessel.

So can Schyler, the mysreious wild card half human, save the world?

There's plenty of mystery in these books, definately some romance, magical vampire powers, all tied in with angels who aren't warm and fuzzy. It's more sophisticated than Twilight. I honestly like this series more, but Twilight was the series that let me come out of the fangirl closet, so it will always hold a dear palce in my heart.

No comments: