I got teary eyed reading Obama's letter to is daughters! I'm pretty excited about the fresh transition set to occur on Tuesday!
http://www.parade.com/export/sites/default/news/2009/01/barack-obama-letter-to-my-daughters.html
Here's a piece below:
I want all our children to go to schools worthy of their potential-schools that challenge them, inspire them, and instill in them a sense of wonder about the world around them. I want them to have the chance to go to college-even if their parents aren't rich. And I want them to get good jobs: jobs that pay well and give them benefits like health care, jobs that let them spend time with their own kids and retire with dignity.
I want us to push the boundaries of discovery so that you'll live to see new technologies and inventions that improve our lives and make our planet cleaner and safer. And I want us to push our own human boundaries to reach beyond the divides of race and region, gender and religion that keep us from seeing the best in each other.
1 comment:
I want that too, for everybody's kids. I am so glad he is in Washington. I actually want to go visit DC this summer. What a change to be inspired by what's going on there instead of being embarassed by it.
Change is already in the works!
Post a Comment