Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm healthy, but car is not

Before vacation I'd been feeling this weird discomfort in my right side, and being paranoid it was a slow moving appendecitis decided to go to the doctor. She assured me it was more in the gall bladder location, but, it wasn't really pain, so I wasn't worried, just releived my appendix wouldn't explode while I was in NC.

After an ultrasound and 4 vials of blood I awaited the results (the ultrasound was cool, I've no idea how anyone makes sense of what they see, definately a technology that needs upgrading)! I called today and there is nothing wrong with me. This is quite cool since the ultrasound looked at my right kidney, my liver, pancreas, abdominal aorta, and gall bladder! The blood work tested all things kidney and liver and even my thyroid! I felt like I had a really good physical. Of course that odd feeling is still there. I have to guess maybe my gall bladder is beginning to be unhappy??? Is it possible to be so attuned to my body that the slightest difference is felt?

Little Girl Car is not ill with anything life threatening, but a trip to Valvoline Instant Oil (those Guilderland guys are the best) and she was to get an AC charge. It didn't work. The guys took a bit of time with her and discerned that her AC clutch is not working. So that'll be a pretty penny to spend, but neccessary. Even though the summer has been cold, there is the trip to NYC in August and all the traveling Mervi and I will be doing. No one wants to spend the time with the windows rolled all the way down! Annoying. So I'll have to suck it up and call tomorrow. Brakes are poorly too, need a tire rotation and the rattling heat shield could be secured.

No comments: