Saturday, September 4, 2010

NYC!



Not sure why I never wrote about my trip to NYC with CK, lil M, and two teen boys: J2. Anyways, it was lovely even if I am an absolute nag sometimes.....must stop always needing to be the "Dad". I hadn't been down there in a year and it was over due. I just love to go to Manhattan and explore. We did a lot of walking, mainly from Grand Central through Times Square and over to 47th between 9th and 10th. That's where Mesekem, the Ethiopian restaurant is.


Please try Ethiopian food! Seriously, "We are the World" in the 1980's did as much damage to Ethiopia's image as it did good in raising funds. I know that as a teen I had no clue about Ethiopia. None! With Lil M being born there, it's helped me to know more about it.

Andthe food is AWESOME!!!!!




At M & M World you can buy trinkets and of course, M & M's in every color imaginable. It was super crowded and noisy and got on my nerves, but on a hot day, the M & M's were a handy little treat!




I think the picture above was at Poughkeepsie where we boarded the train. Big J was just great with lil M. :)

So our day: We went to Meskerem, an Ethiopian Restaurant on 47th street, the Central Park Zoo, M & M World, and Harlem Market. At Harlem Market (which is an open air flea market of some African goods) I bought two stone cats that are now sitting on the shelf below the TV and also I bought an Ethiopian bracelet from a nice woman who had fun talking about her homeland with us.

It was a long FUN day. Lil J is already beggin and conspiring for our next trip back! :)

No comments: