Friday, January 27, 2012

oh my goodness! We must have a weather report!

Ok, so you should know I do geek a bit about the weather. I love to follow statistics and like facts over emotion. So! You should see this winter!!!

We have had almost no snow.

Last night, it snowed about 1.5 inches. This morning, it began to rain and the temperature wnet above freezing. The snowfall that lay upon the ground became mottled. By 10 or 11 it was gone. We have no snow lying upon the ground.

Now I know this has happened before. I distinctly remember as a child of 11 riding my bike on the grassy lawn in January. But it is rare to see this.

I think a statistical link from the NWS is warranted.

And for all that we've had that dramatic 6 inches of snow in January, we have watched it melt within days of falling.

This is one of my favorite snowfall data sites because it shows that snowfall can be all over the place statistically.

Given that my school used 4 of its 5 snow days due to flooding in Greene county (way back in September) this has been a blessing.


No comments: