Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Getting Wet




Question Prompt from 10,000 Questions
Where were you when you got a whole lot wetter than you had planned on?

Funny thing!  Last summer I went to Great Escape with the Dornburghs.  The day started out really gloomy and drizzling, but as I arrived in Lake George it cleared up and the sun came out.  By noon, it was warm; so we changed into our swimsuits and went on the water rides.  Now I love all kinds of amusement park rides, but I adore the water ones!

During our water park outing we decided to go on the lazy river.  Sounds easy enough.  You grab a tube, crawl in, and float around a shallow pool.  Well, for some reason, I couldn't get into the tube!  I've done the Lazy River before, it was nothing new, but I could not get in!  I tried going over to the wall, tried going under it, over it, around it!  But I COULD NOT GET ON IT!  

Eventually I heave myself upon and begin to float.  But even that's not easy!  My butt starts slipping through the hole, I wiggle around, trying to stay up.  I wiggle some more and then-----




-----I flip over backwards and totally dunk myself.  I find the surface and then start laughing so hard.  And you know when you are laughing, getting into a tube is even more difficult!  

Meanwhile, all sorts of "normal" people are floating by wondering what the hell is wrong with that woman.  One woman, who is casually floating along with her hair both dry and tidy and with her make-up in tack also, asks me if I meant to flip over!  I was glad I could be so entertaining.  

So I'm walking the Lazy River with my tube and trying to find the right spot to attempt to get back on.  Finally I do and then I get stuck in  this current that refuses to propel me forward.  

Only me!

I do eventually get free, float joyously for all of 5 minutes and then blessedly, it's done!


This picture being the exact opposite of what I looked like that day!  
LOL!




No comments: