I bought this adorable baby Buddha statue for my garden just the other day while at TJ Maxx. I'm what you might call an opportunistic shopper. I like to find things that are unique, but to do so I shop frequently, prowling the stores for that "just so" item. CK loved the baby Buddha and I really wanted to get her one for her garden. So on Saturday I thought I'd head back to the store to find it. However, I felt extremely apprehensive about traveling the Northway. I felt like an accident was going to happen. so I took Route 9.
It didn't help that while in Loudonville I saw a very dead Bluejay on the road. Bluejays are my spirit birds, so to see one dead, to have it's feathers float up in the air towards my windshield as I am driving, it was not a good omen. By the time I got to the various stores of the day all I was filled with was dread and hateful thoughts.
There in lies the point of the title of the post. I do have agoraphobia, but it manifests oddly as a distaste for crowds that makes me surly and hateful and just plain mean. I feel like there are too many people and that they are all there to run into me and get in my way.
Well, I got home after a paranoid, but uneventful trip down the northway. Glad this passes and is not my normal.

No comments:
Post a Comment