Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Demon Rose





Redemption even exists in the natural world. I present to you, the "Demon Rose". Every year for three years in a row she would make only a few buds which would dry and whither before ever blooming. And then just today I happened to walk to that side of the house (I rarely go on that side) and I couldn't believe my eyes!!!! Isn't she a beauty?!?!?!? This weekend I have quite a lot of weeding in store after all the rain and humidity we've had!

It's been a great year for roses. Look at the other pictures I've added. I just dug up one at Mom's. She's an old-fashioned double pink with a great scent. She was so extensive underground that I hope I got enough of the root. She was traumatized, but it was cool today which should help her bounce back.

3 comments:

Dana said...

YES! I have a old fashioned cottage rose bush that has NEVER bloomed for me here.......she is about to bust open! Must be the weather this year.

I need to get a hunk of your mom's yellow rose. I'd like that for my back accross the yard project.

moi aussi said...

You definately need the yellow rose! It took two years before my chunk came to life. I need more. I'm totally a hands off gardener. With time they will prevail if it is met to be.

thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see our cape pics on your site (including all the hotties from P town) hehe