Tuesday, July 8, 2008

50 Miles

OK, so I thought, if I can sit on my fat *ss and read 50 books then I should spend equal time on my feet running. So my goal is to run 50 miles by the end of the summer vacation. I'll keep record here of the miles ran and walked:

July 3, 2008 49 miles to go: 3 miles walked
July 8, 2008 48 miles to go: 3 miles walked
July 12, 2008 46 miles to go: 1 mile walked
July 13, 2008 46 miles to go: 4 miles walked
July 25, 2008 44 miles to go: 2 miles walked
July 26, 2008 44 miles to go: 4 miles walked

OOPS! It's notthat I haven't run...just I forgot to update. I'll be running the Susan Komen 5K in October; so I've been practicing. Rough estimate: 12 more miles to add here, and lots of walking.

So:

September 7, 2008 32 miles to go: more than 10 more miles walked As of yesterday I was able to run non-stop for 30 minutes which is my threshold of knowing I am ready for a 5K.

No comments: