Friday, August 8, 2008

I wanna give up some thanks to the DGS

You know...ppl love to diss the garbage collector and say..."oh there's a thankless job for the ex-felon." Well I say no. Give your garbage collector respect, yes, even if he is an ex-felon. Geez, don't you think most people just want to be forgiven and allowed to move on with thir lives? Do you think people just look for things to go wrong? At least these guys are out working. And picking up my crap, which at times is way too heavy (rainy wet grass anyone) or stinky...3 boy cats!!! for anyone to deal with. They just took away about half a tree I'd put out there Wednesday.

Where I grew up the garbage collector was this sweet older man whose grandsons attended school with me. He was respected in the community, and his grandsons were bright, well adjusted students at my school. My point? Why must we judge someone on their work? That is so wrong when we know that we must see the person as an indivdual, when we need to open our eyes......

No comments: