Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Garden Updates and Several Pix

Well I did what I wanted this summer and took good care of my yard and garden. It became a favorite hobby again and there was plenty to show for it. I created the start of the Japanese garden, added a three tiered section to the front bank, added more flowers to the front bank, saw the success of the demon rose, successful nastursiums and the little rose impatienes are still alive. I added a peach tree and 4 blue berry bushes. And then there is the sweet potatoes (see blossom pix below)! :)

I've eaten tomatoes and cucumbers from my garden. Both excellent and they took care of themselves (gotta appreciate that in a garden).

My sweet potatoes are in blossom a little bit, but I still don't expect to eat them until the end of September at the earliest.

Sweet Potato
Blossom


Here are pictures of the amazing morning glory i got to grow up the sign in my front yard. There were two plants. They take quite ahile to get to blossom too, like the sweet potatoes that i think they are related to.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isnt there something illegal about hiding valuable speed limit signs?? hehe