Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gratitude

My school participates in Project Wisdom, a character education series that uses short messages to spirit discussion and further though. I personally enjoyed this message:





Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy - because we will always want to have something else or something more.— Brother David Steindl-Rast



We all know the importance of gratitude. Entire books have been written on the topic, best-selling books read by millions. Yet many of us move through entire days, even weeks, without stopping to appreciate small things like hot water and laughing children. It's like exercise; we know we should, but . . . The truth is, most of us have much for which to be thankful, not just on Thanksgiving, but every single day. So be happy. Be grateful!





Yesterday I was at a Health and Wellness retreat and we were asked what we were grateful for. Honestly I could make a list as long as my arm. It's really never ending. I have a great life, and so many blessings. I want to take a moment to thank family and friends for being a part of my life and a part of what makes my life so complete.

No comments: