Friday, December 31, 2010

The year in review and my intention for 2011

Let’s see the 2010 year in review. Where to start?

I rang in the New Year at Shelly’s with Christine, lil M, Lisa and Jeanette. Set my intention to manage my money and lower my debt in preparation for next year’s intention of making way for a child.

Worked out and was healthy until the end of January. Struggled with caring for my health through February and looked forward to my upcoming birthday.

February brought the annual Dornburgh pilgrimage for shopping fun and my mom to my house too.

March first I began my garden clean up with removing all the old plant remains. Saw robins, heard red wings, the days grew longer, the sun stronger; felt hope in the renewal of the Earth. My birthday came along in March and I turned the big 4-0. I was surrounded by friends who treated me like a queen, all I was missing was the crown. Stopped drinking and stayed healthy for 6 weeks.

Gardened with joy, did some running, wasted a lot of time daydreaming!

With summer came my trip to Texas to see Charlene, Tracy, aunt Char too. I loved every moment of seeing their world first hand and learned that even cows like affection!

Summer brought freedom from work, more gardening, more time wasting, and lots of time with CK and lil M. Went to NYC in August and got to eat Ethiopian food for the first time!

School returned and time ran away from me! Spent way too much time shopping and getting little things for Christmas presents. Shop early and often I say!

I got pretty good with my money, refied the mortgage and dropped it to 15 years. Paid off debt, saved money, planned.

However, I ate like a pig, gained weight, and ended the year at a huge 73 kg. Learned that if I could be good with money, I could be good with food. Learned to take it easier on myself.

Spent the days around Christmas with my Mom. Shared my greatest intention with her. I might be 40. I might be single. But I don’t imagine myself never having a child. I want to have a child, but in the non traditional sense. What I mean is that I don’t plan on birthing one, I want to adopt. I want to adopt domestically a child 3-5 years old. I know there is a soul out there that is waiting. I want this to be as God wills it, should it be a boy or girl, should it be fore a short while or a longer time. I have something to give as does this little person. So here we are at the end of the 2010 journey. Here I am laying my intention for 2011:

I will pursue the adoption of a child.

As God wills it, so shall it be. Amen!

No comments: